There are a lot of places where you can find free gambling lessons in Las Vegas. Most of the hotel casinos offer them. It is to their advantage that you learn how to play the games!
1) Imperial Palace offers free lessons to any patron of the casino. They offer several different lessons and as of the writing of this article the following days and times. Craps lessons are offered Monday through Thursday at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and Friday at 11:00 a.m. Blackjack lessons are held Monday through Friday at 9:00 a.m. Roulette and Baccarat lessons are held Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. In order to partake in the lessons go to the area in the casino where these games are held. No reservations are required ahead of time.
2) The Excalibur offers poker lessons. This is helpful because it is the basic game of poker not any fancy variations. Great for a beginner just learning to get their feet wet. You can get these lessons in the poker room at the Excalibur every afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
3) Barbary Coast offers free craps lessons on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. You can find these lessons at the craps tables in the casino. A nice addition to this lesson is that everyone that attends the lesson gets a free $5 matchplay coupon to gamble with later. Times vary for these lessons so just call Barbary Coast at 702-737-7111 to find out more specific information.
4) The Palms offers free gaming lessons to their casino patrons. These lessons are held Monday through Friday in the casino. In order to find out more about these lessons please visit the casino floor and look for the signs on the casino tables.
5) The MGM Grand Hotel offers lessons in blackjack, roulette, craps, Let it Ride, Baccarat and Caribbean Stud Poker. You can take these lessons daily between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
All of these places should let you get a good idea of how to play various games the casino offers. Some of them will even give you the opportunity to play after the limits with lower limits. This lets you get an idea of how to play the game without as much risk. Try asking your hotel if they offer any lessons. Most of them do and will be happy to teach you. A good idea after the lesson is to tip the dealer. It is considered the polite thing to do.